Dashbot is looking for a wildly curious & skilled Senior Product Designer to join our team to help push the entire Conversational AI industry forward. At Dashbot today, we provide the analytics and insights that power the bots of Fortune 500 companies such as Intuit, GoDaddy, and GEICO — but we believe that Conversational AI will expand to virtually every business in the world. To help push this technology wave, we are becoming the Conversational Data Platform to not only store all types of conversational data, but to provide analytics, insights, and tools to get the most out of this complex & nuanced type of data. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company as our first design lead, work with blue-chip global clients, and work in the cutting-edge technology industries of Conversational AI, ML, NLP, and more!
- Help design exceptional products from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to development and optimization.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Provide a blanket of “magic” across all visual elements of the business
Traits of a Successful Product Designer
- You have experience designing new products or adding new features to existing ones. You can show us examples of how you took an idea or solved a problem and successfully shipped something significant.
- You thoroughly document your work, synthesize your insights, and surface meaningful data points for your peers in product and design and other members of the development team.
- You’re comfortable with tools like Figma and can iterate quickly on your designs solo or in partnership with your design peers.
- You are an independent thinker — you can entertain multiple perspectives/ideas but come to a conclusion on what you think is best at a given time
- You are an independent doer — you can take minimal instruction and just go off on your own and get it done.
- You are endlessly curious — you constantly pull from different sources of inspiration to experiment and learn. BUT you aren’t just wildly optimistic; you are also rooted in logic & reality.
- You strive to continually grow and be the best at what you do. You are self-driven and make things happen, show a strong desire to succeed, are always looking for opportunities, and are determined in pursuit of your own and your customers' goals.
Who you are NOT
- You don’t have a big ego. You care about doing impactful work, being a great team member, and advancing the company forward.
- You don’t just want to manage a large team under you and be removed from the day-to-day. Being a “player-coach” is in your DNA, and you care about getting sh*t done. The work & the results matter to you, and you could care less about status games.
- You don’t just care about money & status. In the world of startups, while there is a chance for a life-changing outcome monetarily and to say “I was part of the early team of X,” that’s not what drives the Dashbot team. You’re driven by the curiosity of doing really challenging, but meaningful work in an extremely cutting-edge field of technology, with the possibility of contributing to, and impacting, our future. The outcome would be nice, but it’s the work that drives you.
- Flexible vacation
- Full medical & dental insurance
- Access to BetterUp coaching network for coaches in life areas such as career development, communication, parenting, nutrition, leadership, and more!
- Impact: We are in the early stages of our journey, but growing tremendously fast. The input and effort you put in will have a tremendous impact on both our customers and Dashbot as a company.
- Learning & Living in the Future : You will be joining the market leader (that's us!) in the bot analytics space, and be exposed to cutting-edge technologies such as Conversational AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and more. This entire industry is still in it’s nascency, and you’ll not only a get a front row seat, but will be an on-court player helping move this industry forward.
- The Journey: There are a million reasons not to join a startup, and 1 reason to — it’s all worth it (read Chip Huyen’s post on 7 reason not to join a startup and 1 reason to). Joining startups is the only way to get 15 years of experience in 5 years or less, and you will see & learn more in a few years than most people do in their entire career. Not only that, you will be embarking on this journey with some of the most amazing, brilliant, quirky, passionate, and driven people here at Dashbot.
How do I apply?
You can apply here or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org — We review every application!
Equal employment opportunity
Dashbot is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.