Information We Collect
We collect certain information you provide to us when using Dashbot, such as when you create an account, send us an email or post information or other content to Dashbot. When you register any information with us (and/or allow Dashbot’s SDK or services to be used on or through your bot application) you expressly consent to the use of your personal data. Please note you cannot register with us without giving us this consent. Also, when you register, you consent to the possibility of being contacted directly by Dashbot.
In general, we may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name, phone number, and email address. We may also collect other information that does not directly identify you such as gender, birthday, and zipcode. When you provide personal information, the information may be sent to servers located in the US and other countries around the world. If you create your account via a third-party social networking site (“SNS”), Dashbot uses the personal information you have already provided to the SNS.
We may also automatically collect certain information via our SDK, such as your location/GPS coordinates, a device identifier, MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, the browser type, and your activity. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information collected through Dashbot to provide and promote Dashbot’s services, including, without limitation, for the purposes described below:
- to develop reports related to bot application usage;
- to calculate user sentiment and display reports of your users’ sentiment;
- to personalize your Dashbot experience (your information helps us to better serve individual needs);
- to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve Dashbot and your experiences when Dashbot is used, such as providing content, advertisements or features that match your users’ profile or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- to perform research and analysis about your and your user’s use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others in order to better serve you and your users’ needs. We may share non-personal and non-identifying information about you and your users with other third parties for industry analysis or other purposes.
- to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your and your users’ interests.
- to enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions and enforce compliance with laws and law enforcement.
- to deliver the products and services that you have requested.
- to process transactions.
- to manage our business.
- to perform functions as otherwise described to you and/or your users at the time of collection.
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with advertisers and advertising platforms for the purpose of more targeted advertising;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services (these service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes);
- we may share and sell aggregated information and/or non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, advertising, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Links to Other Sites or Apps
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Although we have implemented these precautions, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. As data transmission is not fully secure over the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal data will be accessed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
If you want to delete your personally identifiable information and your account, please contact us at [CONTACT AT DASHBOT DOT COM] with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your personally identifiable information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.